Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday in Arusha

Friends and I at my Birthday Dinner
(From left: Stephanie, Me, Jenna, Melia)

Yesterday was my 21st birthday and I had a great day celebrating it in Arusha. I had two midterm exams during the day: Swahili and Gender Analysis in Development Projects but I tried to not let those get in the way! I was awoken at 7:45am by four of my friends singing to me and dancing and yelling happy birthday! It was an amazing way to wake up haha. They also put all kind of birthday signs up all around my apartment and room, even one on the inside of the bathroom door saying "Sit down and relax, its your birthday."

For dinner pretty much all of us went out to a really nice and relaxing dinner where two of my lovely friends made amazing toasts! After dinner we came back to the apartments and ate a great cake that Frida (one of my program directors) bought as well as an amazing cookie cake! Overall I had a nice birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment